APM Terminals is one of the world’s leading global port/terminal owners and operators with a global terminal network of more than 63 ports and terminals in 40 countries with 7 new terminal development projects and 7 expansion programs now underway. APM Terminals also manages 170 Inland Services operations in 48 countries. The company employs 23,000 professionals across a total of 68 countries spanning five continents. APM Terminals serves every major trade lane with a truly global presence, providing our customers with the most advanced terminal technology, equipment and operations in the industry. APM Terminals Medport Tangier is a greenfield project under construction, it will be the third container terminal of the Tanger Med complex APM Terminals Tangier handled 1.7 million TEUs in 2015. APM Terminals Medport Tangier will be a facility with up to 2,000 meters of quay. Our Tangier team is currently bringing people, expertise and technology together to usher in a new era in African ports for today’s business world through world-class operations in the safest, most environmentally friendly manner.
APM Terminals offer
An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region
- Working with partners, shareholders and other stakeholders
- Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region
- Prior Go-live (Project Phase)
- Responsible for establishing safe operational execution processes geared towards driving effectiveness in an automated environment incorporating current best practices in APMT
- Drive the establishment of clear work instructions and SOP for every position in the execution department Post Go-live (Commercial Operations Phase)
- Manage, motivate and instruct all operational team members, set priorities and structure tasks and goals.
- Provide effective organisation and control of all terminal operations during designated shift period in order to meet planned objectives.
- Lead the various functions presents in the Integrated Operations Centre to ensure smooth execution of plans set as well as quick and effective resolution of exceptions /deviations
- Liaise with engineering department shift management to maximise equipment availability and effectiveness.
- Is responsible for efficient allocation of all shift operational staff and the cost-effective utilisation of equipment resources to match the operational requirements of the terminal.
- Build a sound understanding of the automation approach for TM2 including the modus operandi of the various automated equipment and provide input for improvement where/as applicable
- Drive operations integration testing for an execution perspective to minimize disruptions during live operations and support the achievement of the expected productivity
- Responsible for driving the definition of competency matrix for critical positions in the execution department in coordination with HR
We are looking for
- Requires a master degree in logistics, Port operations management or related fields
- Requires a background of at least 10 years of experience in container terminal operations environment including experience at a middle management level in an operations department
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems and diagnoses, evaluate and resolve logistical problems as they happen in order to meet operational performance objectives and deadlines
- Requires very good knowledge and experience of vessel, yard, gate planning and execution
- Requires very good knowledge and experience of the TOS and its optimization modules. Previous terminal planning experience is a plus
- Requires strong leadership skills coupled with the ability to build a high performing team with the right combination of personalities
- Requires advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Strong project management skills, capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously and ability to meet deadlines
- Lean Six sigma green belt certification will be an advantage
- A forward thinking and creative individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization
- The ability to obtain cooperation and influence people while promoting a team environment.
Important! : Cvlogy assure le relais des offres d'emplois à partir d'autres sites et réseaux professionnels de recrutement et essaie de sélectionner les offres les plus authentiques qui respectent un certain nombre de conditions. Les candidats sont invités à contacter les recruteurs en utilisant les adresses email qui figurent en bas des offres publiées et, qui par l'occasion, étaient indiquées par la société qui recrute. Cvlogy ne saurait être tenu pour responsable de données et renseignements inexacts qui figurent sur les offres d'emploi relayées!