This is an RD&Q Packaging Development Engineer position in the AMEA R&D team to support R&D packaging activities.
This opportunity offers the possibility to be responsible for the R&D packaging projects, execution of packaging related objectives and the advantage to work in close collaboration cross functionally with different departments such as Marketing, Consumer reseach, supply chain etc…
- Developing packaging solutions, materials and methods for Various Projects including new products / line extensions / Limited Editions / Reformulations / promotions / Quality Improvement
- Propose packaging options / Proposals that respond to Marketing brief / Requirements
- Lead new Product development from Idea to Market
- Perform Feasibility & Risk Assessment for new technologies
- Promote concept of consumer inspired Quality
- Responsible to plan , Perform and monitor all activities related to research , development , design screening & Testing of Mondelez products and competitors
- Improving the Quality and cost / operational efficiency of existing packaging systems
- Maintaining brand equity asset
- Work closely with Product development team and provide technical support / advice to NPD Projects and Reformulations
- Contacting local authorities and institutions, external and internal partners regarding food packaging
- Preference is for 5+ years of experience in food related packaging development including exposure to product development, processing and manufacturing.
- Bachelor Degree in Packaging Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong leadership abilities and team player (Self-driven, thick skinned, creative)
- Sharp Project Management and communication skills
- Ability to be on top of the whole packaging process
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of RDQI processes, manufacturing, IIM, and strong financial understanding.
- Possess a specific knowledge of packaging materials, a broad knowledge of packaging equipment and understanding of packaging material / equipment interaction.
- Strong communication and time management skills to effectively handle multiple programs simultaneously.
- Solid financial and business acumen
- Ability to manage and work with complexity and ambiguity