Want to be at the forefront of the Networking & Mobility industry ? We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated, technically savvy and passionate to join the Architecture Team as a Consulting Systems Engineer. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to team up with a rock star Product Sales Specialist and perform technical pre-sales activities for new and existing opportunities. This position is based in either Jordan Kuwait or Qatar , with frequent travel to regional Cisco offices and customer sites. Utilising your in-depth knowledge of Cisco’s networking solutions and our competitors’ offerings, you will clearly demonstrate the advantages to both prospects and partners.
What You’ll Do
As a Consulting Systems Engineer, you will partner with other members of our sales team in a pre-sales technical role in the given region. You will showcase Cisco Enterprise Networking product solutions by conducting presentation and workshops, and setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers. You will also be designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
You will work closely with Account Teams, Sales Partners and Enterprise Networking Product Sales Specialists to develop technical solutions that grow enterprise networking business. You’ll lead complex architecture and design for Cisco’s Enterprise Networking solutions. You will also position the value of Cisco’s SDA strategy Automation, Analytics and Applications, along with articulating our next-generation mobility solutions. You’ll set the pace for the next generation of Cisco sales processes and provide leadership and guidance to the BE and Marketing as the voice of the customer.
As Cisco evolves into a software-centric company, our sales organization will be providing new approaches to pre-sales methodology, with acceleration of applications for our customers, best use of analytics for customer and employee experiences and improving operational efficiency through the use of automation, orchestration and programmability tools.
Role & Responsibilities
- Direct account and partner responsibilities in assigned territory
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services
- Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- In addition to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate’s interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Who You’ll Work With
The Architecture Team goal is to accelerate sales of our Enterprise Network solutions, while enabling customers and partners to be successful. The team influences innovation, technology and enablement to assist Cisco as it continues to evolve as a market leader, preserve top-line margins and offer unique customer solutions with differentiated advantages over the competition. If you are ready to be part of entrepreneurial culture focused on accountability for all aspects of the vision, strategy, execution and measurement model then this team is for you.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of proven Cisco expertise in technical domains with documented success .
- CCIE level knowledge in routing, switching & mobility technologies
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Cisco Validated Design and cross architecture solutions
- Knowledge of both campus and WAN solution designs.
- Deep understanding of application workflows across domains, as well as a holistic understanding of controllers and management tools
- Strong knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless networks, site surveys, mobility solutions, location-based services, requirements gathering and deployment challenges
- Solid understanding of wired/wireless networking security, including firewalls, content filters, network segmentation, TrustSec framework, certificates, directories, 802.1x, TACACS/RADIUS integration, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced service provider level routing and optical technologies is a plus
- Ability to provide detailed and consumable documentation around best practices for deployment around application acceleration, automation/management efficiencies
- Ability to bring people from different departments to the table, to create a safe environment for people, making sure their opinions are heard and addressed
- Focus on team’s success rather than individual wins
- Advanced presentation skills
We connect everything people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.