UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.UN Women at the global level focuses its activities on five areas of interventions:
- Increase women’s leadership and political participation;
- Develop women’s economic empowerment;
- Ending violence against women;
- Increase women’s leadership in peace, security and humanitarian action;
- Introduce planning and Gender Responsive Budget.
In this respect, UN Women has been developing a global and recognized technical expertise on Gender Sensitive Planning for decades partnering with both national institutions and CSOs. As a direct result of this global expertise, UN Women has been able to support national institutions in adapting their planning or strategies to integrate women voices and specific development challenges.UN Women Multi-Country Office (MCO) for the Maghreb based in Rabat, Morocco is looking for a Gender-Sensitive Planning intern for a 6-months period.Duties and ResponsibilitiesUnder the supervision of the Project manager, the intern will:
- Support the Project Manager in designing and implementing projects/programmes aiming to improve gender equality and women empowerment in Morocco
- Support the Project Manager in preparing workshops, training, high level events, consultations and other national, regional and local events
- Support the development of briefs and synthetic notes related with the area of intervention
- Draft the planning, reporting and evaluation documents according to UN Women requirements
- Contribute to Knowledge Management and Communication by drafting quality and substantive papers on the MCO’s programs in the planning and gender responsive budget field, including at the local level; and by Identifying international and regional best practices
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:http://www.unwomen.org//media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdfEducationRequired Skills and Experience
- The intern must have studies in international relations or political sciences, law, economics or other similar subject at the university level;
- The Intern must be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Excellent communication skills in French (written and oral), English (written and oral) are required;
- Working knowledge of Arabic would be an asset
- The intern must have good knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office Package (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fully adhere to UN and UN Women’s values
- Previous experience in strategy consulting in highly recommended
- Previous experience and/or preexisting knowledge on the topic of women’s rights and /or the UN system would be an asset
- Good knowledge and understanding of governance mechanisms, including at the local level
- An understanding of gender and planning and budgeting issues would be an asset.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UN Women
- To apply, please upload your Resume and Cover Letter
- UN Women will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest
- Selected applicants must provide the internship application, two letters of recommendation, proof of health insurance and school enrollment, passport, and visa (if applicable)
- Note: In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment
UN Women Internship Policy
- Applicants to the United Nations internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year.
- UN Women internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
- UN Women accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UN WOMEN during the period of the internship or for six months immediately following the expiration date of internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in a health insurance plan, proof of school enrollment, a scanned copy of his/her passport, two letters of recommendation, and application
Important! : Cvlogy assure le relais des offres d'emplois à partir d'autres sites et réseaux professionnels de recrutement et essaie de sélectionner les offres les plus authentiques qui respectent un certain nombre de conditions. Les candidats sont invités à contacter les recruteurs en utilisant les adresses email qui figurent en bas des offres publiées et, qui par l'occasion, étaient indiquées par la société qui recrute. Cvlogy ne saurait être tenu pour responsable de données et renseignements inexacts qui figurent sur les offres d'emploi relayées!