This individual may have overall responsibility for safety, commercial, technical, contractual, budget and schedule activities and performance on small or mid-sized capital projects in support of heavy industry or they may have a multi-discipline leadership role with more emphasis on technical performance and design coordination under the direction of a Project Director on large capital projects in support of heavy industry. This office currently executes stand-alone brownfield and greenfield EP, EPCM projects ranging from $500K to $1b in multiple project phases (Select, FEED, Execute) .Duties may include
- Development, fostering and management of client relationships; however, the role may require this individual to focus on managing multidiscipline engineering teams in the development of design deliverables.
- This individual may have responsibility for management and contract performance across multiple disciplines on small or midsized projects or technical performance management responsibilities on larger projects.
- Technical experience, an ability to coordinate and lead design efforts while meeting schedule and budget targets is key to success.
- Business acumen, solid leadership and organizational skills will serve this individual well in larger project settings and be a catalyst for growth opportunities.
- Mentor and train less experienced staff
Training and Experience
- This position requires a minimum of 20 years of experience as a Project Manager or project related experience.
- A BS or MS degree is required, and a professional registration or license is preferred.
- Multi-office and multi-cultural execution of projects.
- Ability to meet Moroccan age restrictions.
- French speaking preferred.
Other Essential Functions
The successful candidate must have the ability to lead productive high performing teams which may include personnel from multiple disciplines, Jacobs offices, vendor and Client organizations. Scope of projects could include, but would not be limited to, major capital equipment design, specification and/or installation, design of plant utilities, environmental systems, and infrastructure.Physical RequirementsWill at times involve travel to client sites, which may require exposure to temperature extremes. Will occasionally require the use and wear of personal protective equipment such as fire retardant clothing, hearing and eye protection, hard hats and steel-toed boots. Will sometimes require moderate physical exertion to include climbing stairs/ladders, entering confined spaces, or walking the property of a job site. Most physical requirements are limited to standard office needs (sitting/standing for extended periods of time, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting of less than 20lbs frequently, etc…).