APM Terminals is one of the world’s leading global port/terminal owners and operators with a global terminal network of more than 63 ports and terminals in 40 countries with 7 new terminal development projects and 7 expansion programs now underway. APM Terminals also manages 170 Inland Services operations in 48 countries. The company employs 23,000 professionals across a total of 68 countries spanning five continents. APM Terminals serves every major trade lane with a truly global presence, providing our customers with the most advanced terminal technology, equipment and operations in the industry. APM Terminals Medport Tangier is a greenfield project under construction, it will be the third container terminal of the Tanger Med complex APM Terminals Tangier handled 1.7 million TEUs in 2015. APM Terminals Medport Tangier will be a facility with up to 2,000 meters of quay. Our Tangier team is currently bringing people, expertise and technology together to usher in a new era in African ports for today’s business world through world-class operations in the safest, most environmentally friendly manner.
APM Terminals offer
An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region
- Working with partners and other stakeholders.
Ensure all lashing equipment necessary to work vessel is ready prior to beginning cargo operations, and stored safely after completion of Operations.
- Ensure on board lashing/unlashing operations are carried out in a good time, according to plan and in a safe manner and in accordance with Vessel’s lashing manual.
- Ensure high level of preparation and attention to the lashing platform preparation during the start and the end of operation of each DSTS.
- Ensure optimum deployment of lashers in the lashing platform.
- Maintain Gondolas and OHF always ready for work.
- Act as focal point to the terminal for all lashing and mooring issues. liaise with ships’ officers on exact lashing requirements and obtain signature on the APMT Med Port Lashing Completion Form prior to vessel sailing.
- Maintain a safe working environment. Ensure lashers adhere to the Safety Policies and wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times during operations.
- Report any changes that will affect plan execution to relevant personnel so that cargo operations are not compromised. Immediately react to any change in the operation so that the lashers do not stand by for instruction.
- Act as focal point for all OOGs and BB operations as well as for the all special handling on the terminal.
- Ensure all lashing equipment including Gondola, safety cages are ready for use at any time. Leadership: Empower others to take action. Motivate and inspire others to accomplish set goals. Encourage high standards of performance. Gives timely feedback (positive and negative) and encourage teamwork. Command attention and act in a business-like behaviour. Leadership is directed at safety.
We are looking for
- Requires Officer maritime diploma with at least two years of navigation experience.
- Previous experience in cargo lifting and securing.
- Previous experience in leading others.
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent visual acuity.
- Works well under pressure.
- Holding a valid driver-License.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English and French as well as fluency in the local language.
- Requires good interpersonal skills, both for instructing and interacting with wide cross section of the company’s departments, at all levels, and with vendors and outside personnel related to training.
- Must be able to instruct in all lashing and lifting matters for all kind of cargo.
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace. APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals! www.apmterminals.com
Important! : Cvlogy assure le relais des offres d'emplois à partir d'autres sites et réseaux professionnels de recrutement et essaie de sélectionner les offres les plus authentiques qui respectent un certain nombre de conditions. Les candidats sont invités à contacter les recruteurs en utilisant les adresses email qui figurent en bas des offres publiées et, qui par l'occasion, étaient indiquées par la société qui recrute. Cvlogy ne saurait être tenu pour responsable de données et renseignements inexacts qui figurent sur les offres d'emploi relayées!