R&D Manager (Food & Beverages) – Your future position?
As R&D Manager, based in Casablanca, you will lead the Flavour Creation & Application teams that partner with our customers in the Maghreb / French Western Africa region.Your main responsibility will be to provide our customers with a superior technical experience through excellent creation and application capabilities and to ensure we grow our business in a profitable way, with emphasis on segments including Beverage, Sweet Goods, Dairy, Snacks and Savory.To be successful in the job, you enjoy combining your in-depth technical knowledge with a strong commercial drive while motivating your teams to bring differentiating and exciting solutions to our customers.Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships.In this exciting role you will
- Define and implement the technical strategy
- Build and implement an aligned technical strategy for your region; ensure the right organisation structure, people and capabilities are in place to realize the strategic objectives; support the commercialisation of new technologies.
- Lead the Flavour Creation & Application Teams Manage the performance and development of your team; build an inclusive and creative environment, in which all team members can contribute to the best of their ability; foster a culture of empowerment, sharing and accountability.
- Project management and allocation Manage the commercial project pipeline and technical customer interactions; ensure efficient and effective technical execution of customer projects with a focus on improving win rate, customer intimacy and speed of response;
- Build and maintain relationships with customers Actively participate in customer visits and preparation of customer visits; build and maintain relationships with selected customers together with Sales; pro-actively provide Sales with input for their account development plans.
- Connect the teams to the bigger Givaudan Maintain a close contact with the Innovation Centres (CoE’s) for the EAME region; represent the team in internal multifunctional meetings and projects; share learnings and cooperate closely with peers in the EAME region; encourage the team to share technical knowledge and to offer support cross countries.
You?Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.Your professional profile includes
- Bachelor or Master degree in Food Science, Food Engineering or Organic Chemistry or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience in product development and 5+ years experience in leading a team
- Experience in working in a big international matrix environment
- Drive to get things done and to win customer projects
- Ability to lead, develop, build and motivate a very skilled team of professionals
- Ability to effectively interface with customers and provide technical solutions
- Strong project and innovation management skills
- Excellent track record in developing a broad set of relationships in all functional areas
- Pro-active and able to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to prepare and effectively present a wide variety of technical presentations
- Business fluent in English, additional language skills are an asset
- Willing to travel