Purpose of the job:
To Manage the Material Supply Chain functions and its Team and to Manage the functions of Aircraft Maintenance Planning to maintain the Continued Airworthiness of its fleet in line with current regulations.
- Accountable for the definition, development, implementation and control of procedures and practices within the department to ensure Continued Airworthiness
- Manages the department, performance managing staff through regular assessment, appraisal and review of job tasks. Coordinates all Material Supply Chain activities and the cost-effective running of the department, including the cost-effective use of both human and equipment resources.
- Controls maintenance activity from a Part M prospective
- Accountable for the efficiency and effectiveness of Stock of aircraft Spares held by Air Arabia
- Is responsible for the working culture and the code of conduct within his department.
- Analysis department KPIs to find improvements
- Project manages all aircraft major capital asset purchases including out sourced heavy maintenance.
- Coordinates with Finance for the timely clearing of invoices and the correct allocation of Material costs.
- Continuously strives to find cost efficiencies within his area.
- Ensures that all contracted and sub-contracted service suppliers meet the standards required both by contract and by regulation
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, provides them with appropriate feedback and contributes to their selection.
- Strives to continually improve the Material and planning processes and writes or fine tunes existing TPM entries.
- Deputizes for HOE when requested.
- Is responsible to escalate all potential problems within department to the HOE in a timely manner as needed.
- Assists the HOE on his area of budget planning and longer term strategy.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills :
- Essential – An aircraft engineering degree or HND from a recognized university or engineering college. 10 or more years working in a similar capacity within the aviation industry. Possesses appropriate knowledge of the legal requirements of the Civil aviation authority.
o Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions so as to choose the most appropriate one
o Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system
o Management of Financial Resources — Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures; planning to acquire the necessary financial resources to achieve objectives
o Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
o Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
o Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
o Management of Material Resources — Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
- — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.