Manager – Line & Outstations Maintenance
- Leads the line maintenance contractual and operational activities, ensuring all are agreed, implemented and performed as per DGAC rules and regulations, and as per Air Arabia Maroc adopted policies and procedures with focus on safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness in managing technical requirements and human factors considerations.
- Supports the Head of Engineering in developing, and implementing policies and operating procedures for carrying out the required maintenance and defect rectification on aircrafts.
- Co-designs and defines the set of standards and measures related to compliance with commercial, quality, as well as regulatory bodies’ agreed standards and procedures.
- Recommends input to all manual and matrix of authority related to corresponding maintenance roles in accordance with set objectives ensuring adherence with DGAC regulations, SGHA and Quality Assurance standard measures.
- Partners with Stakeholders to ensure the adequacy and availability of necessary resources (manpower, facilities, equipment, tools, etc.).
- Manages the performance of the assigned teams to execute action plans and secure the availability and“ timely safe release” of all aircrafts in line with business operational needs and agreed targets.
- Supports the “Head of Engineering” in setting up, managing, monitoring and evaluating of the manned and outsourced maintenance in the outstations as per corresponding DGAC regulations, Air Arabia Maroc policies and procedures and in accordance with terms and conditions approved within the SLAs and contracts signed with the AMOs.
- Educates and continuously guides the line maintenance teams on how to comply with rules and regulations and on the formalities and procedures followed in carrying maintenance tasks and operations.
- Establishes standardization in processes and procedures through developing and successfully managing a set of platforms to be adopted by the line maintenance teams in carrying out, documenting, and communicating the required assignments to ensure the airworthiness of the Air Arabia Maroc fleet.
- Works closely with the Head of Engineering to identify and set the annual budget for the line maintenance operations and to cost-effectively manage the related expenditure, payments and invoices.
- Partners with Manager “Training ” to plan and coordinate the Line Maintenance Team recurrent training and career development ensuring staff compliance with training and licensing regulatory requirements.
- Partners with Legal, Finance, HR and other cross-functional departments and teams to carry out function-related work ensuring efficiency and timely delivery.
- Communicates with Quality Assurance/ Safety Departments to ensure adherence to standards and regulations and ensure timely response to audit findings.
- Establishes Technical dispatch Reliability Targets and ensures compliance to these targets.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills :
- 15+ years’ experience in the Aviation industry, 10 years of which in Aircrafts maintenance supervisory or management in a similar capacity, with 5 years at least leading/co-leading the Line Maintenance Department.
- Holder/has held an Moroccan DGAC/ EASA Aircraft Maintenance License.
- Holds/has held the corresponding type-rating maintenance license, additional aircraft types is an advantage.
- Bachelor degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical or equivalent; alternately a diploma in Aircraft Engineering/Maintenance or E&M degree or certificate from a recognized university or engineering college combined with needed experience and exposure.
- Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is a must.
- Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
- Capable of using technology systems & tools; proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet& Web Search.
- Fluent in English Language.
- Has direct working experience with Civil Aviation Authorities, preferably EASA /Moroccan DGAC ; familiar with all rules and regulations of EASA /Moroccan DGAC pertaining to the Engineering Maintenance, policies, procedures, manuals and licensing.
- Cost Control, Analysis & Leadership skills